- Breaking News
Heartsill introduces term limit legislation
Rep. Greg Heartsill has introduced House Joint Resolution 2002, to amend the Constitution of the State of Iowa to limit the number of terms served in the state legislature and governor's office.
Update: Fire at Wal-Mart
Juveniles are accused of starting a fire at the Knoxville Wal-Mart Monday night. Two others are accused of attempting to start a fire at Knoxville Farm and Home as well.
- Murra is next Knoxville Superintendent Cassandra J. Murra has been offered, and has accepted, a contract to be Knoxville Schools' next superintendent.
Snow Ordinance Going into Effect at 9 p.m. Friday
The City of Knoxville's Snow Ordinance will go into effect at 9 p.m. Friday, Jan. 31, and will continue until all streets have been plowed from curb to curb. The Knoxville Police Department just notified the Journal-Express of the ordinance, due to anticipated snowfall. There will be no parking allowed on any city streets while the ordinance is in effect. Violators may be cited or towed.
Finalists named for Knoxville Superintendent position
The Knoxville School Board has released brief biographies of the three finalists for the Superintendent of Schools position.
Firemen respond to dumpster fire
Firefighters with the City of Knoxville and Knoxville Township Fire Departments responded to a dumpster fire around 3 p.m. Monday afternoon.
Coaches vs. Cancer total at $55,000
Knoxville Coaches vs. Cancer Organizer Jim Uitermarkt reports that the total fund raising effort from Saturday's event stands at $55,000.
- More schools delayed Melcher-Dallas, Pleasantville, Pella and Pella Christian Schools are delayed two hours.
- Knoxville Schools delayed Knoxville Schools will be delayed two hours on Monday, Jan. 27.
- Silent auction raises over $15K A final tally of Knoxville's 2014 Coaches vs. Cancer donation is not available yet, but we do have some figures to report.
- More Breaking News Headlines
- Heartsill introduces term limit legislation