Journal Express, Knoxville, IA

February 28, 2014

MCCF Applications due April 20


Journal-Express

Knoxville — Applications for funding assistance from the Marion County Community Foundation are due April 20. 

The Marion County Community Foundation was formed in 2005 to coordinate and provide philanthropic support for community betterment projects in all of Marion County. The MCCF receives grant money, which is funded through a portion of the state's gambling revenues. 

MCCF gives 75 percent of these funds to charitable projects in Marion County and places the remaining 25 percent in a permanent endowment fund. The fund is intended to attract other donations and provide a source of permanent funding for charitable projects within the county. Grants have ranged from $250 to $5,000. Organizations benefitting cover all areas of the county and serve residents from preschool age through senior citizens. 

In order to be considered for any of these funds, your organization must be a tax-exempt organization or a 170-B unit of government. If your organization and project meet the criteria as presented on the website http://www.mccfiowa.org, you are eligible to submit an application form. Forms and more can be found on the website.

Applications need to be sent to MCCF, PO Box 92, Knoxville, IA, 50138, prior to April 20. If your organization does not have Internet access, call the board's secretary, David Johnson, at 641-828-7373 to request an application packet.