Bussey — Twin Cedars schools will be delayed two hours Thursday. Buses on hard surface roads only in the morning and afternoon.
- Local News
Senior Center offers make and take class
The Knoxville Senior Center will host a Make and Take Craft event, beginning March 12 at 10 a.m.
Accused arsonists to be in court April 9
The two 13-year-old suspects charged with setting a fire at the Knoxville Walmart are scheduled to be in court for a pretrial conference on April 9.
Video: KHC studies improvement plans further
Last week, the Knoxville Hospital and Clinics set up cardboard work stations, based upon designs for the hospital's renovation, at Dyer-Hudson Hall to get another perspective on how the remodeled hospital will work.
Record on Rider case sealed
The criminal complaint and the record of Troy Neal Rider's initial appearance this morning have been sealed.
Updated: Pleasantville Board to respond to union's offer
The Pleasantville School Board will meet Tuesday, March 11, at 4 p.m., in an open meeting to present its initial offer to the teachers' union, the Pleasantville Education Association, regarding the next contract. The PEA presented its initial proposal on Tuesday.
Murra to address Knoxville School Board
Cassandra Murra, hired to take over as Knoxville's Superintendent of Schools in June, is scheduled to be at the Monday, March 10, school board meeting to discuss recommendations for a new high school principal.
Football coach Rider charged
The Knoxville Police Department issued a press release indicating that head football coach Troy Rider has been charged with sexual abuse and has turned himself in to the authorities.
- Ag in the Classroom event held - See slideshow Fourth graders from throughout Marion County learned about agriculture on today, March 6, at the Marion County Farm Bureau’s Ag in the Classroom event held at the Vermeer Global Pavilion in Pella. Classes from Knoxville, Twin Cedars, Melcher-Dallas, Pella, Pella Christian, and home-schooled students rotated among several learning stations to gain insight into various aspects of agriculture. Heather Bandstra, Lindsey Jansen and Drew Carlson provided animals for the students to see. The Twin Cedars FFA Chapter also assisted the students during the event.
- VA is offering TeleHealth Services Medical services offered by the VA Central Iowa Health Care System (VACIHCS) have expanded to include the use of telemedicine. Benefits include home access to medical services and less time on the road for veterans to meet with care providers. VACIHC
- Announcement on Hydroelectric plant coming March 27 Bill Radio with Missouri River Energy Services (MRES) said this week that there is little to report regarding the progress of his company's hydroelectric plant project at Lake Red Rock. Radio said bids are coming in for the plant's construction and t
- More Local News Headlines
- Senior Center offers make and take class