Knoxville — Donations to the Salvation Army's Red Kettle Campaign in Marion County in 2013 totaled $43,434.65.
Merna Furney, who has been a part of the Salvation Army, shared the figure earlier today. Of that amount, 90 percent stays in Marion County, while the other 10 percent is used for the Salvation Army's emergency responses.
"We almost made our goal," Furney said. This year's season was shortened by five days, when compared to 2012. Even though there were fewer days, donations approached the 2012 full-season total of around $44,500.
Furney is still compiling full statistics on the 2013 campaign. Look for more on this when the stats become available.