Knoxville — The Knoxville City Council approved the final change order and accepted the work on Water Street at its regular meeting last night.
S.I. Baumeier Company was awarded the contract for this project, which included storm sewer improvements along Water Street, with grading and construction of a new road along Water between Montgomery and South.
The council approved a fifth change order, prior to accepting the work, which decreased the cost of the project by $25,324.07. This figure represents liquidated damages, as the contractor did not complete the project on schedule.
Final cost of the project was $383,415.68. The original contract price was $410,454.01.
The council also approved the purchase of a new boiler for its rental property on 138th Place. The boiler will be purchased from Plumb Tech in the amount of $4,000. A lease agreement with new tenants, Kevin and Corina Street, was accepted. The Streets will have a one-year lease with the City for $705 per month.
Other council notes:
• Approved a Class C Liquor License for the Lake Red Rock Cultural Center.
• Approved a Class B Beer Permit for Hy-Vee, Inc. (Knoxville Nationals)
• Following a public hearing, approved the sale of the west six feet of the east 28 feet and eight inches of the lot on East Robinson to Caviness, LLC, for $72.36 This transfer of property provides Sundance Realty ownership of access points lost after a fire at 110 East Robinson earlier this year. The City purchased 110 and 108 East Robinson to have the buildings demolished, and the rest of the lot remains open. No comments were made or received during the public hearing.
• Approved fireworks displays for Knoxville Raceway on Aug. 9-10 and Sept. 28.
• Set a public hearing for rezoning of 206 West Pearl from M-1 to C-1 on Aug. 19 at 6:15 p.m.
• Approved the replacement of an air conditioning unit at the Water Reclamation Facility. The unit is already in place. It was purchased from Dan's Plumbing and Heating in the amount of $3,404.75.