Knoxville — Visiting Nurse Services of Iowa (VNS of Iowa) will be hosting an enrollment event to provide assistance to individuals enrolling in the new health insurance marketplace, open through March 31. VNS of Iowa is one of three organizations in Iowa to receive a federal grant to connect Iowans with one-on-one assistance via trained and licensed “navigators”.
Marion County Public Health will host an enrollment event for the new health insurance marketplace on Tuesday, Feb. 18, from 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
Appointments are strongly encouraged, and may be made by calling 515-288-1516. Walk-ins will be accepted; however, due to high demand, walk-ins will likely be rescheduled for a later date.
Navigators estimate the enrollment process to take about one hour, provided individuals bring all necessary documentation:
· Social Security Number(s) (or document numbers for legal immigrants)
· Birth date(s)
· Employer and income information for every member of household needing coverage (pay stubs or W-2 forms—Wage and Tax Statements)
· Policy numbers for any current health insurance plans covering household members of your household (if applicable)
· Information about any health insurance available from employer(s) (if applicable)
There are three ways to apply for insurance through the new marketplace:
1) By calling 1-800-318-2596
2) Online at healthcare.gov
3) Via a paper application
4) With assistance from either a Certified Application Counselor (CAC) or a navigator. Navigators are ideal for individuals who need the most assistance identifying a plan that best meets their needs. HCI Care Services, a partner of VNS of Iowa has been designated as a CAC.
“About half of the state’s uninsured reside in VNS of Iowa’s 38-county service area,” said Norene Mostkoff, president and CEO of Visiting Nurse Services of Iowa. “It’s our goal to get these individuals access to quality health care services.”