The Journal Express
---- — The Knoxville Community-Based Outpatient Clinic (CBOC) project continues to move forward. The project includes finding a new location for the CBOC, away from Building 1 of the Knoxville VA campus, within the next two years.
CBOC Coordinator Maureen Nichols cannot comment regarding who has expressed interest in the new CBOC venture. Regardless of the CBOC’s final location, the clinic will continue to utilize services at the Knoxville Hospital and Clinics.
The status of the project, according to Nichols, is as follows:
• Site visits were completed the week of February 11.
• The VA has evaluated the sites and chosen the ones to be sent the SFO (Solicitation for Offer). The SFO will be sent out by the end of March.
• Those receiving the SFO will have no less than 20 days to respond. Nichols believes it will be more like 30 to 60.
• Once bids are received, the VA will form its TEB (Technical Evaluation Board) to review the bids submitted. They will rate and rank the bids, then decide whom the VA would like to award.
• Target award date is September 2013. Target move in or occupancy date is December 2014.