Knoxville — Marion County Republicans will host "A Salute to Marion County Veterans" on Friday, Nov. 8, at 9 a.m. at Sprint Car Hall of Fame Museum, Knoxville. There will be speakers, refreshments, music, and tributes.
- Local News
- Mark Jacobs running for U.S. Senate Prior to a sitting down for coffee with a group at Pizza Ranch in Pella Monday afternoon, Republican US Senate candidate Mark Jacobs opened up about his ambitions for the office, and why he believes he is the best choice over his competitors. Jacobs
- City agrees to cover some costs Following a closed session Monday night, the Knoxville City Council voted to cover a local family's insurance deductible, and a portion of any rental car fees incurred, after a City-owned traffic light fell on the family's vehicle on March 27. The fa
- Knoxville officer completes training The Knoxville Police Department is currently staffed, as Officer Joel Kimpston-Burkgren graduated from the Iowa Law Enforcement Academy late last week. Kimpston-Burkgren, 23, is originally from Perry. He was hired by the KPD in November 2013, prior t
- Flaws takes over Pleasantville Rec The City of Pleasantville's new recreation director, Jordan Flaws, realized early on that cubicles were "not (his) thing," and chose to pursue a career that includes his athletic roots. Flaws officially took over the position a few weeks ago. He fill
- Helping birds on a wing and a prayer Protective gloves aren't uncommon when dealing with a sick patient, though they're not usually heavy, leather welder's gloves. But, then, the patient usually doesn't have toenails designed to puncture flesh. Or a sharp beak. Diane Massick stepped out
- Raceway rebate passed in Senate The Iowa Senate has approved the Knoxville Raceway rebate, 39-10.
Senate Committee advances Raceway Rebate
The Iowa Senate Ways and Means Committee advanced HF2464, a bill intended to rebate up to $2 million in sales tax back to the Knoxville Raceway, this afternoon.
Video: Bank treats workers to lunch
City workers and streetscape contractors were treated to a free lunch on Tuesday, courtesy of Iowa State Savings Bank.
Suhr to host campaign kick off event
Megan Suhr, Candidate for Iowa House District 28 will hold a Campaign Kick-Off event on Sunday, April 27, from 2-4 p.m. The event will be held at Red Ribbon Bakery, 112 N 2nd Street, in Knoxville. This is a free event, and is open to the public.
Loebsack's office offers internships
Congressman Dave Loebsack today announced that his office is now accepting applications from Iowa college students to participate in a Congressional internship program in his Washington, D.C. office.
- More Local News Headlines