Knoxville — The regular school board election will be held on Sept. 10, and the filing period to get on the ballot begins July 8 and runs through Aug. 1.
Paperwork to get on the ballot can be picked up from each district's board secretary. Questions and information regarding filing information should be directed to each secretary. Signature requirements for Marion County's districts are as follows:
• Knoxville-50 signatures
• Melcher-Dallas-14 signatures
• Pella-50 signatures
• Pleasantville-20 signatures
• Twin Cedars-17 signatures
Current Board members whose seats are up for re-election include:
• Knoxville-Mark Mahoney and Stephanie Vickroy
• Melcher-Dallas-Shane RIpperger and Ann Fee
• Pella-Joan Corbin (District 2), Katie Peterson (District 1) and Gregg Gustafson (At Large)
• Pleasantville-Jenny Hilsabeck and Kenny Sutter
• Twin Cedars-Steve Gilkerson (District 3) and Brian Moore (At Large)
Later this year, the city elections will also be held. The filing period for city elections runs from Aug. 26-Sept. 19, with Election Day Nov. 5.
Look for more on the school board and city elections in the coming months.