Pleasantville — Pleasantville Schools are delayed two hours on Wednesday.
- Local News
- Ag in the Classroom event held - See slideshow Fourth graders from throughout Marion County learned about agriculture on today, March 6, at the Marion County Farm Bureau’s Ag in the Classroom event held at the Vermeer Global Pavilion in Pella. Classes from Knoxville, Twin Cedars, Melcher-Dallas, Pella, Pella Christian, and home-schooled students rotated among several learning stations to gain insight into various aspects of agriculture. Heather Bandstra, Lindsey Jansen and Drew Carlson provided animals for the students to see. The Twin Cedars FFA Chapter also assisted the students during the event.
- VA is offering TeleHealth Services Medical services offered by the VA Central Iowa Health Care System (VACIHCS) have expanded to include the use of telemedicine. Benefits include home access to medical services and less time on the road for veterans to meet with care providers. VACIHC
- Announcement on Hydroelectric plant coming March 27 Bill Radio with Missouri River Energy Services (MRES) said this week that there is little to report regarding the progress of his company's hydroelectric plant project at Lake Red Rock. Radio said bids are coming in for the plant's construction and t
- DMACC offers business workshop in Knoxville Jump-start your business idea with the Simple Steps for Starting Your Business (SCORE) workshops. Knoxville area residents can learn from successful and experienced executives about how to start or expand their business. Des Moines Area Community Col
- Horstman earns "All American" honors Haley Horstmann is a 2012 graduate of Pleasantville High School and a four-year member of the PHS Dance Team. Haley is in her second year as a member of the St. Ambrose University Dance Team in Davenport, where she was recently selected as an NAIA Co
Casey's pledges $25K to Expand the Dream
Casey’s General Stores has renewed its commitment to the National Sprint Car Hall of Fame & Museum by pledging $25,000 to the museum foundation’s “Expand the Dream” campaign.
Marion County residents appointed to State Boards
Iowa Gov. Terry Branstad released this morning a list of appointments to various State Boards and Commissions. Residents of Marion County are among those appointed.
Budget hearing tonight
The City of Knoxville's budget hearing will be held tonight, Monday, March 3, at 6:15 p.m. The budget is just part of the Knoxville City Council's heavy agenda for this evening.
MCCF Applications due April 20
Applications for funding assistance from the Marion County Community Foundation are due April 20.
- Royal Party March 8
- More Local News Headlines