Marion County — Knoxville Schools will be delayed two hours on Friday. Twin Cedars is closed.
- Local News
- K-ACT fall auditions Auditions for the Knoxville Area Community Theatre (K-ACT) fall production of “Nuncrackers” will be held Aug. 11, 14 and 16 at Good Shepherd Lutheran Church, 1506 South Attica Road, Knoxville.The Monday, Aug. 11, and Thursday, Aug. 14, auditions will
- Crops doing well in the county It's that time of the year. Farmers are midway through the summer and anxious to see how the yields will be come harvest time. "The 2014 crop growing season has hit a midpoint of sorts," Dale Miller, Marion County Extension Program Director, said. "G
- Slideshow: Twin Cedars semifinal game Scenes from before, during and after Twin Cedars' semifinal state baseball game on Thursday, July 31, 2014.
Knoxville Airport awarded over $836K
Congressman Dave Loebsack announced today that the Knoxville Municipal Airport will receive a $836,787 grant from the U.S. Department of Transportation’s Federal Aviation Administration grant program.
- Corps aware of blue green algae being seen at Lake Rock
KHC, Grinnell medical center to share new hire
Knoxville Hospital & Clinics and Grinnell Regional Medical Center have entered a new agreement to share leadership for radiology services. Matthew M. Byrd, CNMT, RT (N)(CT), will join the staff at both hospitals as the director of radiology/diagnostic imaging. GRMC will employ Byrd and then contract his services to the Knoxville Hospital & Clinics.
Carter sentencing tomorrow
Nicholas Wade Carter, 19, is expected to be sentenced Friday morning, Aug. 1, at 9 a.m.
North Tailwater to close Aug. 4
The North Tailwater area near the Red Rock Dam will be closed to the public beginning Aug. 4 to enable construction of hydroelectric facilities at the Dam. The closure will extend until construction of the project is completed in the spring of 2018.
Paving may begin late next week
The Third Street project is about three weeks behind, but paving may begin late next week.
Playground to be closed
The wooden playground structure at Auld Park will be closed Thursday, while the City applies a new coat of sealant. Caution tape will be placed around the structure. When the sealant dries, the structure will be reopened.
- More Local News Headlines