- Local News
Red Rock designated a National Water Trail
The Red Rock Trail at Lake Red Rock, Knoxville, Iowa, has officially been designated as a National Water Trail by the National Park Service. Joining the Red Rock Trail is The Island Loop Route Water Trail in Michigan and The Missouri National Recreation River Water Trail that flows through South Dakota, Nebraska and Iowa. These three trails join 11 previously dedicated water trails across the country.
Local businesses to be open over holiday weekend
The Knoxville Chamber of Commerce has collected information from local businesses regarding their plans for Black Friday and Small Business Saturday this weekend.
M-D kids collect for food pantry
Melcher-Dallas Elementary students exceeded their goal of collecting 1,000 items of food for the Melcher-Dallas Food Pantry.
Pennsylvania man to move coal equipment
With the assistance of people all across the country - and Sweden - a 1915 Monagahn walking drag line, resting in the same location where it scooped its last load of dirt, will be transported from the Attica area to Pennsylvania.
- Foundation holds Annual Night Out With over 175 attendees, the 8th annual Knoxville Hospital & Clinics Foundation Annual Night Out held on Saturday, November 16, was a huge success. Funds raised by the event go towards the purchase of a new Cryostat which is used to help sustain very
- Immortality is within reach Have you ever thought about living forever? While it may not be possible in the medical sense, it is possible in another way. Our community has a number of organizations that specialize in helping people "live on." We're not talking cryonics, where w
- Brian Hatch continues mayoral preparation Knoxville Mayor-elect Brian Hatch says that the days since his election have been a whirlwind and he has more work to do to prepare to take the office. Hatch's agenda over the next several weeks, before January, when he is sworn in, includes taking s
- Iowa State Savings Bank supports Grand Theater renovation Knoxville's Grand Theater Foundation received a big boost toward meeting their short-term deadline of purchasing the building's contents by December 15. Iowa State Savings Bank has donated the $20,000 needed to complete that task. In turn, Fridley Th
- Under the red hair of Ronald McDonald There is only one Ronald McDonald in the world. Whether you saw him at the opening of the new McDonald's in Knoxville a couple months ago, watched a McDonald's video, starring Ronald, as a child, ir when you see him riding on a float in the Macy's Th
- Remembering JFK assassination 50 years ago, November 22, 1963, time stood still as Americans absorbed the shocking news of the assassination of President John Fitzgerald Kennedy. To this day, anybody over the age of 55 will tell you where they were and what they were doing when t
- More Local News Headlines
- Red Rock designated a National Water Trail