John Patrick Jr., 86, of Eddyville passed away early Saturday morning, Sept. 14, 2013, at Crystal Heights Care Center in Oskaloosa.John Patrick Jr., son of John and June (Tyrrel) Patrick Sr., was born Nov. 2, 1926, at the home of his parents near Bussey. He was a 1945 graduate of Bussey High School. He married Wilma Mae Hatfield Oct. 9, 1948, in Oskaloosa. Together they raised five children and worked and played side by side for over 61 years. John and Wilma lived in White City (rural Eddyville) until 1960 when they moved to Albia. While in Albia he farmed, worked for the railroad, on construction and for eight years they also operated the Dairy Sweet. He and Wilma moved back to rural Eddyville in 1978, where he worked for Star Coal Company and for Ver Steegh Construction until his retirement at age 72. John and Wilma enjoyed gardening and selling their produce at Farmer’s Markets in Albia and Oskaloosa. John also enjoyed fishing at the river, vacations to Arkansas and spending time with his family and friends. At the end of 2012, John moved to Crystal Heights Care Center where he resided until the time of his passing.His family includes his five children: Christine (Duane) Pearson of Holstein, Iowa; Jean (Terry) Prunty of Waterloo; Kathy (Richard) Goslar of Charter Oak, Iowa; and John (Cathy) Patrick of Manassas, Va. and Mary Patrick (Bob Conrad) of Eddyville; 16 grandchildren; 15 great- grandchildren; a brother, Stanley Patrick of Oskaloosa; brother-in-law, Richard Hatfield of Blakesburg and family friends, Francis and Marcie Bricker of Albia.In addition to his parents and his wife, Wilma in 2009; John was preceded in death by a sister and brother-in-law, Eva and Herman Scott; a brother and sister-in-law, Elmer and Phyllis Patrick and a sister-in-law, Connie Hatfield.Funeral services were held Thursday, Sept. 19, 2013, at Garland-Van Arkel-Langkamp Funeral Chapel with Rev. Mark Doll of Bethel Church officiating. Burial was in Bethel Cemetery. Memorials may be made to Bethel Church or Iowa Hospice. Memories and condolences may be sent by visiting the online obituary guest book at www.gvlfuneralchapel.com.
- David Storm Funeral services for David Storm, of Knoxville, were held on Tuesday, Dec. 3, 2013, at the Bybee & Davis Funeral Home with Rev. Greg McClain officiating. Burial followed in the Graceland Cemetery. Musical selections of "Will the Circle be Unbroken" a
- Leland 'Lee' Koons Leland "Lee" Duane Koons was born on June 30, 1935, in Pleasantville, the son of Howard and Hildreth (Willey) Koons. He grew up in Pleasantville and joined the United States Air Force in 1952, proudly serving for four years. He was stationed in Ancho
- Vada (Isenburg) Watson Vada (Isenburg) Watson, age 80, passed away at the Griffin Nursing Center of Knoxville on Thursday afternoon, Nov. 21, 2013. She was born in Green Valley, Ill., on Aug. 27, 1933, the daughter of John and Jennie (Schaller) Isenburg. She was raised in
- Edward Langebartels Edward Langebartels, 88, of Melcher, passed away Sunday, Dec. 1, 2013, at the Knoxville Hospital. Edward was born to Edward & Nannie (Fight) Langebartels in Lacona on July 20, 1925. He married Joanna Geneva Umble at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Lacona
- Loretta Immel Loretta Dorothy Jebe was born in Benton County, Iowa, on March 20, 1935, to Wesley F. Jebe, Sr. and Mabel Jurgens Jebe. She graduated Valedictorian from La Porte City High School in La Porte City, Iowa, in 1952 and received a B. S. in Home Economics
- Barbara Jean Hulgan Barbara Jean Hulgan, daughter of James and Martha Hulgan, passed away Nov. 27 at Mercy Hospital in Des Moines. A service will be held at a later date at Graceland Cemetery in Knoxville. Barbara Jean Hulgan
Death Notice-Paul Holdsworth
Paul Holdworth passed away Thursday, November 14, 2013 at the Veterans Administration Central Iowa Health Care System in Des Moines at the age of 91 years.
- Daniel "Dee" Mason Daniel Dee Mason was born March 18, 1957, in Des Moines to Daniel and Betty (Atherton) Mason. He was raised in Pleasantville and graduated from Pleasantville High School in 1975 and attended Iowa State University for three years. He enjoyed going to
- Thomas Richard "Tom" Goff Thomas Richard "Tom" Goff, age 79, of Knoxville, passed away Thursday, Nov. 7, 2013, at the Knoxville Hospital and Clinics in Knoxville. Tom was born in Knoxville on Sept. 16, 1934, the son of Samuel Burris "S.B." and Myrtle Ellen (Garrett) Goff. Tom
- Lois Estella Morgan Lois Estella Morgan was born on Oct. 6, 1938, in Marion County, the daughter of Oliver Worth and Helen Mae (Miller) Harvey. She graduated from Tracy High School in 1956. She was united in marriage to Jerry Dean Morgan on Oct. 13, 1957. She and Jerry
- More Obituaries Headlines