John Patrick Jr., 86, of Eddyville passed away early Saturday morning, Sept. 14, 2013, at Crystal Heights Care Center in Oskaloosa.John Patrick Jr., son of John and June (Tyrrel) Patrick Sr., was born Nov. 2, 1926, at the home of his parents near Bussey. He was a 1945 graduate of Bussey High School. He married Wilma Mae Hatfield Oct. 9, 1948, in Oskaloosa. Together they raised five children and worked and played side by side for over 61 years. John and Wilma lived in White City (rural Eddyville) until 1960 when they moved to Albia. While in Albia he farmed, worked for the railroad, on construction and for eight years they also operated the Dairy Sweet. He and Wilma moved back to rural Eddyville in 1978, where he worked for Star Coal Company and for Ver Steegh Construction until his retirement at age 72. John and Wilma enjoyed gardening and selling their produce at Farmer’s Markets in Albia and Oskaloosa. John also enjoyed fishing at the river, vacations to Arkansas and spending time with his family and friends. At the end of 2012, John moved to Crystal Heights Care Center where he resided until the time of his passing.His family includes his five children: Christine (Duane) Pearson of Holstein, Iowa; Jean (Terry) Prunty of Waterloo; Kathy (Richard) Goslar of Charter Oak, Iowa; and John (Cathy) Patrick of Manassas, Va. and Mary Patrick (Bob Conrad) of Eddyville; 16 grandchildren; 15 great- grandchildren; a brother, Stanley Patrick of Oskaloosa; brother-in-law, Richard Hatfield of Blakesburg and family friends, Francis and Marcie Bricker of Albia.In addition to his parents and his wife, Wilma in 2009; John was preceded in death by a sister and brother-in-law, Eva and Herman Scott; a brother and sister-in-law, Elmer and Phyllis Patrick and a sister-in-law, Connie Hatfield.Funeral services were held Thursday, Sept. 19, 2013, at Garland-Van Arkel-Langkamp Funeral Chapel with Rev. Mark Doll of Bethel Church officiating. Burial was in Bethel Cemetery. Memorials may be made to Bethel Church or Iowa Hospice. Memories and condolences may be sent by visiting the online obituary guest book at www.gvlfuneralchapel.com.
Death Notice-Norma Kauzlarich
Norma Kauzlarich, 81, of Knoxville, passed away Thursday, April 17, 2014 at her home in Knoxville.
- Mary Noftsger Mary Dorathea Willson Noftsger was born on Oct. 14, 1914, in Blue Hill, Neb., the daughter of Dora and George Willson. She attended kindergarten through high school in Blue Hill, where she enjoyed sports and being in the high school pep club. Mary wa
- Lavonne Gray Lavonne Harriet Gray, age 87 of Knoxville, passed away Thursday morning, April 10, 2014, at the Mercy West Lake Hospital in West Des Moines. Lavonne was born in Frost Village, Minn., on March 4, 1927, the daughter of Theodore Knute and Hannah (Lund)
- Wilma Geery Wilma Lucinda Geery was born Dec. 27, 1937, in Tracy, the daughter of John and Anna (Thompson) Angelo. On Dec. 27, 1953, Wilma was united in marriage to Keith Geery, Sr. Keith was in the service and the couple lived in several locations, including Ca
- Dewey A. Fastenau Dewey A. Fastenau, age 77 of Knoxville, passed away Wednesday morning, April 9, 2014, at the Hospice Comfort House of Pella. Dewey was born in Villisca, Iowa, on June 13, 1936, the son of Henry and Elvira (Sunderman) Fastenau. Dewey attended the Vill
- Death Notice-Linda Cowman Linda S. Cowman, age 73 of Knoxville, passed away Monday evening, April 14, 2014, at the Knoxville Hospital of Knoxville. Linda’s wishes were to be cremated and a Celebration of Life memorial gathering, with Linda’s family present, will be held from
- Donald Starr Donald Wesley Starr was born Oct. 13, 1921, in Edgewood, Iowa, the son of Carl and Etta (Hansel) Starr. As a young man, Don worked on the family farm and for Strawberry Point Creamery. On Aug. 14, 1942, Don enlisted in the United States Army and fait
- Lova Devee Storm Lova Devee Storm was born in Wayne County on Feb. 19, 1923. She was the daughter of Lester and Floy (Guthrie) Thatcher. Lova departed this life on April 5, 2014, at the West Ridge Nursing & Rehab Center in Knoxville, at the age of 91 years. Lova grew
- Charles M. Bly Charles M. Bly, 70, passed away Monday, March 31, 2014, at Unity Point Health Des Moines Methodist. Charles was born Nov. 3, 1943, in Pleasantville, to Clarence and Mercedese Bly. He was a building engineer for Central Life Insurance. Charles always
- Death Notice-Lova Storm
- More Obituaries Headlines
- Death Notice-Norma Kauzlarich