Ronald Keith VerMeer
Ronald Keith VerMeer was born Jan. 13, 1940, in Oskaloosa, to Dick John and Florence (DeWitt) VerMeer. Ron was raised in Pella and graduated from Pella High School, Class of 1958.
Shortly after high school Ron began working for Rolscreen Windows in Pella. Ron was the 41st Rolscreen employee. He worked with Pella Corp. for over 40 years and for several years Ron worked in quality control. He retired from Pella Corp. in 2000.
Ron and Karen Beth Van Zee were united in marriage on Dec. 23, 1966. They shared many years of marriage and were blessed with one son Tim. Ron and Karen divorced in 1977.
Ron had many hobbies during his life which included bowling, golfing, hunting, NASCAR and local racing and playing cards. He loved watching his son in sports and was recently enjoying his grandchildren in sports and activities.
Ron died on Tuesday evening, Nov. 20, 2012, at the Griffin Nursing & Rehabilitation Center of Knoxville at the age of 72 years, 10 months, and 7 days.
He is preceded in death by his parents, Dick and Florence VerMeer.
Ron is survived by his son Tim VerMeer and his wife, Jodi, of Knoxville; and two grandchildren, Keith and Charlie VerMeer.
A celebration of life gathering will be held from 1-3 p.m., on Saturday Dec. 1, 2012, at the Winfield Funeral Home of Knoxville. A private family burial will be held at Oakwood Cemetery of Pella at a later date.
In lieu of flowers a memorial has been established for Hospice of Pella or directed to the Winfield Funeral Home in care of Ron’s burial expenses. Condolences may be sent to www.winfieldfh.com. Winfield Funeral Home of Knoxville is handling arrangements.
Ronald Keith VerMeer
- Delores Breuklander Delores Arlene Breuklander was born Sept. 24, 1939, in Knoxville. She was the daughter of Walter and Virginia I. (Davis) Sharp. In her early years she worked at Park Lane Café, which her parents owned. Delores later worked for the Shamrock Café where
- Linda Sue Cowman Linda S. Cowman, age 73 of Knoxville. passed away Monday evening, April 14, 2014, at the Knoxville Hospital. Linda was born in Hannibal, Mo., on Sept. 30, 1940, the daughter of William S. "Bud" and Dorothy L. (Graham) Moore. Linda's family moved to D
Death Notice-Norma Kauzlarich
Norma Kauzlarich, 81, of Knoxville, passed away Thursday, April 17, 2014 at her home in Knoxville.
- Mary Noftsger Mary Dorathea Willson Noftsger was born on Oct. 14, 1914, in Blue Hill, Neb., the daughter of Dora and George Willson. She attended kindergarten through high school in Blue Hill, where she enjoyed sports and being in the high school pep club. Mary wa
- Lavonne Gray Lavonne Harriet Gray, age 87 of Knoxville, passed away Thursday morning, April 10, 2014, at the Mercy West Lake Hospital in West Des Moines. Lavonne was born in Frost Village, Minn., on March 4, 1927, the daughter of Theodore Knute and Hannah (Lund)
- Wilma Geery Wilma Lucinda Geery was born Dec. 27, 1937, in Tracy, the daughter of John and Anna (Thompson) Angelo. On Dec. 27, 1953, Wilma was united in marriage to Keith Geery, Sr. Keith was in the service and the couple lived in several locations, including Ca
- Dewey A. Fastenau Dewey A. Fastenau, age 77 of Knoxville, passed away Wednesday morning, April 9, 2014, at the Hospice Comfort House of Pella. Dewey was born in Villisca, Iowa, on June 13, 1936, the son of Henry and Elvira (Sunderman) Fastenau. Dewey attended the Vill
- Death Notice-Linda Cowman Linda S. Cowman, age 73 of Knoxville, passed away Monday evening, April 14, 2014, at the Knoxville Hospital of Knoxville. Linda’s wishes were to be cremated and a Celebration of Life memorial gathering, with Linda’s family present, will be held from
- Donald Starr Donald Wesley Starr was born Oct. 13, 1921, in Edgewood, Iowa, the son of Carl and Etta (Hansel) Starr. As a young man, Don worked on the family farm and for Strawberry Point Creamery. On Aug. 14, 1942, Don enlisted in the United States Army and fait
- Lova Devee Storm Lova Devee Storm was born in Wayne County on Feb. 19, 1923. She was the daughter of Lester and Floy (Guthrie) Thatcher. Lova departed this life on April 5, 2014, at the West Ridge Nursing & Rehab Center in Knoxville, at the age of 91 years. Lova grew
- More Obituaries Headlines