Ronald Keith VerMeer
Ronald Keith VerMeer was born Jan. 13, 1940, in Oskaloosa, to Dick John and Florence (DeWitt) VerMeer. Ron was raised in Pella and graduated from Pella High School, Class of 1958.
Shortly after high school Ron began working for Rolscreen Windows in Pella. Ron was the 41st Rolscreen employee. He worked with Pella Corp. for over 40 years and for several years Ron worked in quality control. He retired from Pella Corp. in 2000.
Ron and Karen Beth Van Zee were united in marriage on Dec. 23, 1966. They shared many years of marriage and were blessed with one son Tim. Ron and Karen divorced in 1977.
Ron had many hobbies during his life which included bowling, golfing, hunting, NASCAR and local racing and playing cards. He loved watching his son in sports and was recently enjoying his grandchildren in sports and activities.
Ron died on Tuesday evening, Nov. 20, 2012, at the Griffin Nursing & Rehabilitation Center of Knoxville at the age of 72 years, 10 months, and 7 days.
He is preceded in death by his parents, Dick and Florence VerMeer.
Ron is survived by his son Tim VerMeer and his wife, Jodi, of Knoxville; and two grandchildren, Keith and Charlie VerMeer.
A celebration of life gathering will be held from 1-3 p.m., on Saturday Dec. 1, 2012, at the Winfield Funeral Home of Knoxville. A private family burial will be held at Oakwood Cemetery of Pella at a later date.
In lieu of flowers a memorial has been established for Hospice of Pella or directed to the Winfield Funeral Home in care of Ron’s burial expenses. Condolences may be sent to www.winfieldfh.com. Winfield Funeral Home of Knoxville is handling arrangements.
Ronald Keith VerMeer
- Robert McClatchey Robert James McClatchey, age 80 of Knoxville, passed away Saturday morning, July 5, 2014, at the Knoxville Hospital.Robert was born at home on May 10, 1934, in Mapleton, Iowa, the son of Christy William and Mary (Carroll) McClatchey. He was raised in
- Raymond D. Moore Raymond D. Moore, 92, died at The Village in Indianola on July 6, 2014. His body has been donated to science. A Memorial Service will be held 11 a.m. at the First United Methodist Church in Indianola on Saturday, Aug. 2.Raymond was born June 4, 1922,
- Erna Crane Erna Crane, age 89, of Bussey passed away Sunday morning, July 6, 2014, at the Pella Hospice Comfort House.Erna was born Feb. 1, 1925, in Rodenbach, Germany, the daughter of Albert and Louise (Riese) Simosky. Erna was raised and attended school in Ge
- Death Notice-Erna Crane
- Death Notice-Ila Heidenwith
- Death Notice-Raymond D. Moore
- Death Notice-Robert McClatchey
- Frank J. Wadle
- Death Notice-Arthur Thomas
- Teddy Mac (Ted) Jones Ted was the beloved husband of Judy: father to Jeff (Cindy), Jennifer (Daniel), Linda (Dave) and Shane (Kristin); grandfather to Alicia, Johanna, Anna Sophia and Kyle; and uncle to many nieces and nephews. Ted was born in Knoxville, and relocated to
- More Obituaries Headlines