Ronald Keith VerMeer
Ronald Keith VerMeer was born Jan. 13, 1940, in Oskaloosa, to Dick John and Florence (DeWitt) VerMeer. Ron was raised in Pella and graduated from Pella High School, Class of 1958.
Shortly after high school Ron began working for Rolscreen Windows in Pella. Ron was the 41st Rolscreen employee. He worked with Pella Corp. for over 40 years and for several years Ron worked in quality control. He retired from Pella Corp. in 2000.
Ron and Karen Beth Van Zee were united in marriage on Dec. 23, 1966. They shared many years of marriage and were blessed with one son Tim. Ron and Karen divorced in 1977.
Ron had many hobbies during his life which included bowling, golfing, hunting, NASCAR and local racing and playing cards. He loved watching his son in sports and was recently enjoying his grandchildren in sports and activities.
Ron died on Tuesday evening, Nov. 20, 2012, at the Griffin Nursing & Rehabilitation Center of Knoxville at the age of 72 years, 10 months, and 7 days.
He is preceded in death by his parents, Dick and Florence VerMeer.
Ron is survived by his son Tim VerMeer and his wife, Jodi, of Knoxville; and two grandchildren, Keith and Charlie VerMeer.
A celebration of life gathering will be held from 1-3 p.m., on Saturday Dec. 1, 2012, at the Winfield Funeral Home of Knoxville. A private family burial will be held at Oakwood Cemetery of Pella at a later date.
In lieu of flowers a memorial has been established for Hospice of Pella or directed to the Winfield Funeral Home in care of Ron’s burial expenses. Condolences may be sent to www.winfieldfh.com. Winfield Funeral Home of Knoxville is handling arrangements.
Ronald Keith VerMeer
- Death Notice-Glenna Kern
- Gerald L. Carter Gerald L. Carter, age 90 of Knoxville, passed away Wednesday evening, Feb. 19, 2014, at the Knoxville Hospital. Gerald was born in Marion County on June 25, 1923, the son of Lewis and Verdie (Pitt) Carter. Gerald was raised in the country and attend
- Delores Agan Delores Agan passed from this life to the great bridge game in heaven on Feb. 18, 2014. She was born Kathryn Delores Johnson near Chariton, on Sept. 25, 1923, to Fred and Blanche (Summy) Johnson. She was raised in Chariton and graduated from Chariton
- Leota (Loda) Nelson Leota (Loda) Nelson, 83 of Melcher-Dallas passed away on Feb. 19, 2014, in her home. Leota was born on March 10, 1930, in Pleasantville to Frank and Jennie Steiert Nelson. She graduated from Pleasantville High School in 1948. Leota lived in Melcher-D
- Marjorie Hanifan Marjorie J. (Johnson) Hanifan was born in Fenton, Iowa, on June 4, 1921, the daughter of Ervin and Esther (Wagener) Johnson. She graduated from Fenton High School and received her Bachelor of Arts degree from State Teachers College (now U.N.I.). She
- David Spriggs David Spriggs was born at the Mine Hospital in Gilman, Colo., on Jan. 5, 1937, the son of David I. and Opal (Taylor) Williams. He was adopted at the age of 10 years and resided in Minturn, Colo., with his adoptive parents, Murl and Georgia Spriggs un
- Death Notice-Leota Ann Nelson
- Death Notice-Marjorie Hanifan
- Death Notice-Delores Agan
- Death Notice-Gerald Carter
- More Obituaries Headlines