Ronald Keith VerMeer
Ronald Keith VerMeer was born Jan. 13, 1940, in Oskaloosa, to Dick John and Florence (DeWitt) VerMeer. Ron was raised in Pella and graduated from Pella High School, Class of 1958.
Shortly after high school Ron began working for Rolscreen Windows in Pella. Ron was the 41st Rolscreen employee. He worked with Pella Corp. for over 40 years and for several years Ron worked in quality control. He retired from Pella Corp. in 2000.
Ron and Karen Beth Van Zee were united in marriage on Dec. 23, 1966. They shared many years of marriage and were blessed with one son Tim. Ron and Karen divorced in 1977.
Ron had many hobbies during his life which included bowling, golfing, hunting, NASCAR and local racing and playing cards. He loved watching his son in sports and was recently enjoying his grandchildren in sports and activities.
Ron died on Tuesday evening, Nov. 20, 2012, at the Griffin Nursing & Rehabilitation Center of Knoxville at the age of 72 years, 10 months, and 7 days.
He is preceded in death by his parents, Dick and Florence VerMeer.
Ron is survived by his son Tim VerMeer and his wife, Jodi, of Knoxville; and two grandchildren, Keith and Charlie VerMeer.
A celebration of life gathering will be held from 1-3 p.m., on Saturday Dec. 1, 2012, at the Winfield Funeral Home of Knoxville. A private family burial will be held at Oakwood Cemetery of Pella at a later date.
In lieu of flowers a memorial has been established for Hospice of Pella or directed to the Winfield Funeral Home in care of Ron’s burial expenses. Condolences may be sent to www.winfieldfh.com. Winfield Funeral Home of Knoxville is handling arrangements.
Ronald Keith VerMeer
- David Storm Funeral services for David Storm, of Knoxville, were held on Tuesday, Dec. 3, 2013, at the Bybee & Davis Funeral Home with Rev. Greg McClain officiating. Burial followed in the Graceland Cemetery. Musical selections of "Will the Circle be Unbroken" a
- Leland 'Lee' Koons Leland "Lee" Duane Koons was born on June 30, 1935, in Pleasantville, the son of Howard and Hildreth (Willey) Koons. He grew up in Pleasantville and joined the United States Air Force in 1952, proudly serving for four years. He was stationed in Ancho
- Vada (Isenburg) Watson Vada (Isenburg) Watson, age 80, passed away at the Griffin Nursing Center of Knoxville on Thursday afternoon, Nov. 21, 2013. She was born in Green Valley, Ill., on Aug. 27, 1933, the daughter of John and Jennie (Schaller) Isenburg. She was raised in
- Edward Langebartels Edward Langebartels, 88, of Melcher, passed away Sunday, Dec. 1, 2013, at the Knoxville Hospital. Edward was born to Edward & Nannie (Fight) Langebartels in Lacona on July 20, 1925. He married Joanna Geneva Umble at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Lacona
- Loretta Immel Loretta Dorothy Jebe was born in Benton County, Iowa, on March 20, 1935, to Wesley F. Jebe, Sr. and Mabel Jurgens Jebe. She graduated Valedictorian from La Porte City High School in La Porte City, Iowa, in 1952 and received a B. S. in Home Economics
- Barbara Jean Hulgan Barbara Jean Hulgan, daughter of James and Martha Hulgan, passed away Nov. 27 at Mercy Hospital in Des Moines. A service will be held at a later date at Graceland Cemetery in Knoxville. Barbara Jean Hulgan
Death Notice-Paul Holdsworth
Paul Holdworth passed away Thursday, November 14, 2013 at the Veterans Administration Central Iowa Health Care System in Des Moines at the age of 91 years.
- Daniel "Dee" Mason Daniel Dee Mason was born March 18, 1957, in Des Moines to Daniel and Betty (Atherton) Mason. He was raised in Pleasantville and graduated from Pleasantville High School in 1975 and attended Iowa State University for three years. He enjoyed going to
- Thomas Richard "Tom" Goff Thomas Richard "Tom" Goff, age 79, of Knoxville, passed away Thursday, Nov. 7, 2013, at the Knoxville Hospital and Clinics in Knoxville. Tom was born in Knoxville on Sept. 16, 1934, the son of Samuel Burris "S.B." and Myrtle Ellen (Garrett) Goff. Tom
- Lois Estella Morgan Lois Estella Morgan was born on Oct. 6, 1938, in Marion County, the daughter of Oliver Worth and Helen Mae (Miller) Harvey. She graduated from Tracy High School in 1956. She was united in marriage to Jerry Dean Morgan on Oct. 13, 1957. She and Jerry
- More Obituaries Headlines