Movie Review: Inside Llewyn Davis
Early 1960s folk singer Llewyn Davis is talented, but homeless and down on his luck since losing the singing partner he had when his career had real success.
Movie Review: Dallas Buyers Club
I can't really recommend “Dallas Buyers Club,” the tale of one man's struggles in the early days of the AIDS epidemic, because it's a little too formulaic. However, that's not to say that the film is not without its strong points.
Movie Review: Nebraska
“Nebraska” is one of the funniest movies I have seen all year. You will not be disappointed by this film and I highly recommend seeing it as soon as you can.
Movie Review: All is Lost
This is the first movie I can remember that literally has a cast of a single person. Fortunately for this film, that single person is the legendary Robert Redford, and, as my college film professor once told me, “The camera loves Redford.” It still does, even at the actor's advanced age.
Movie Review: Lone Survivor
I am not exaggerating in any way when I say that I believe everyone should see this film. It is that good and tells that important of a story.
- Kids say the darnedest … If you're ever around kids for any extended period of time - or even a not so extended period of time - you'll observe firsthand they come up with some interesting, unique, hysterical and brutally honest observations about the world as they perceive
- Five steps for a quick trip down the aisle As chief dietary consultant and food preparation specialist in my domicile, I am responsible for the procurement of foodstuffs and other assorted provisions to ensure continuous familial sustenance within our humble abode. In other words, I do the gr
- Why have a campaign? Bruce Braley will be our next US Senator and I'll tell you why. This does not please me, because upon reading about Braley, there are many differences between his values and mine. Nevertheless, I have complete and total confidence in his victory. We
- Letter to the Editor To the Editor: It would seem all too often public workers and administrators are considered ineffective and not willing to work with people on a variety of subjects. At least in regard to the Kiwanis Miracle Playground project at Young's Park, just
- Becoming a breadwinner -- in my own kind of way at least I've never been much of a breadwinner. Heck, I'm not much of a bread baker, and possess neither the mixing nor measuring skills required to take home any ribbons from any country fair. My youngest son, however, thinks otherwise. In his eyes, I am not
- More Opinion Headlines
- Movie Review: Inside Llewyn Davis