The Knoxville City Council, at its regular meeting Monday, July 2, is scheduled to discuss a request from the Knoxville Community School District, which seeks an exemption from the new, electrical franchise fees.
As you may recall, Knoxville Schools' Business Manager Craig Mobley expressed concern to City Manager Harold Stewart at a forum, regarding the fees. He reiterated his concerns and submitted a formal request to the council at a recent meeting.
Mobley has said that if the school district is required to pay the fees, it would cost an estimated $15,000 a year. Property taxes collected to support the school district will increase, he added.
The request is just one of many items on Monday's agenda. The council will meet at 6:15 p.m., in the council chambers. All council meetings are open to the public. The full agenda is pasted below.
CITY OF KNOXVILLE MONDAY, JULY 2, 2012
CITY COUNCIL MEETING 6:15 P.M.
MUNICIPAL BUILDING COUNCIL CHAMBERS
CALL TO ORDER - MEMBERS PRESENT:
Mayor Don Zoutte Sr. ___________, Council Member Elsie Kemp ___________,
Council Member Dave Roozeboom ____, Council Member April Verwers_______,
Council Member Tim Pitt_____, Council Member Carolyn Formanek_______,
City Manager Harold Stewart __________, City Attorney Bob Stuyvesant________,
City Clerk Heather Ussery__________, Deputy Clerk Jodi Bassett____________
I. CITIZEN/PUBLIC COMMENTS
1. Approve City Council Minutes of June 18, 2012
2. Approve City Council Special Meeting Minutes of June 25, 2012
3. Accept Airport Commission Minutes of May 14, 2012
4. Accept Housing Board Minutes of May 21, 2012
5. Accept Parks Advisory Commission Minutes of June 6, 2012
6. Accept Fire & Rescue Department Minutes of June 6, 2012
7. Accept Library Board of Trustees Minutes of June 20, 2012
8. Approve Class C Liquor License for Veterans of Foreign Wars, Post 3519
9. Approve Class C Beer Permit Including Sunday Sales for CSOI Corp
10. Approve Cigarette Permits Effective July 1, 2012: Kline’s Quick Time
11. Approve Financial Statements-May 2012
Motion _________________ Second ___________________
II. ITEM AGENDA
1. Public Hearing-Alliant Energy Franchise Fees