A star-studded 24-car field is set to take the green flag tonight for the nineteenth annual SPEED SPORT Knoxville World Challenge.
- Doug Wolfgang 'Members Only' Bobblehead The nonprofit National Sprint Car Hall of Fame & Museum Foundation is pleased to announce that it has begun pre-selling limited-edition bobblehead collectibles, with the first one being of National Sprint Car Hall of Fame inductee Doug Wolfgang of Si
- Panther track led by Dunkin The Knoxville Panther varsity track team hopes to pick up where they left off a year ago. Last May the Panthers finished second in the Class 3A State Track Meet, just 1 point behind 2013 State Champion Pella High. The Little Dutch had 46 state points
- KHS coach focuses on conditioning, Chambers credited with good opener The Knoxville Panthers competed at the Little Hawkeye Conference Indoor Track Meet in Grinnell last Friday evening. It was an early season test for the coaches to look at their lineups and decide what stepts to take next in gearing up for the outdoor
- Carlson inks deal with Southwest Iowa Late last month Twin Cedars senior Drew Carlson signed a letter of intent to play baseball for Southwest Iowa Community College. Carlson will graduate from Twin Cedars in May. He will have one last season with his Saber teammates before he heads to C
- Future looks bright for KHS wrestling A look ahead for the Knoxville Panther varsity wrestling team looks bright according to head coach Ron Peterson. Top records during this past year include Kieran Robuck senior at 138 pounds with a mark of 37-8. He was conference, sectional and distri
- Knoxville prepares for state swim meet The 2014 Knoxville Swim Team has over 30 children qualified to compete in the State Meet in Marshalltown March 15. The children are pictured above and they ranged in ages from 8 to 14 years. The team is coached by Taylor Evans and Sara Finnegan. The
- Robuck and Caviness finish at State Meet |The Knoxville Panthers had two wrestlers compete at the 2014 Iowa High School State Wrestling Tournament in Des Moines last weekend. Kieran Robuck, a senior, won his weight class (138 pounds) at the district meet to advance to state. Brock Caviness
- District Basketball News |The poor weather conditions forced Thursday evening postponements for Marion County sports teams. Class 2A Starting in Class 2A, the Pella Christian vs. PCM (Mustangs) District Boys’ contest has been moved to Friday night at 6:30 p.m. in Albia. Cl
Live: State wrestling tournament
Here's the live blog from the state wrestling tournament tracking results for local wrestlers.
Blizzard could complicate state wrestling tournament
DES MOINES — Heading to the state wrestling meet Thursday? Be prepared for what could be a major winter storm. A blizzard watch will be in effect for much of central Iowa, including Des Moines, from 6 a.m. Thursday to 6 a.m. Friday.
- More Sports Headlines