- Des Moines man wins top money at English Creek A total of 37 micro sprint car competitors hit the track at English Creek Speedway, located near Melcher-Dallas. The winner of the Saturday event was Corey Forsythe from Des Moines. The win was worth $1,000. Drivers from six states, including one ra
Varsity kickoff moved up
Knoxville Schools Athletics Director Randy Wilson tells the Journal-Express that the freshman and JV football games will be played at HOME Monday night and tonight's kickoff for varsity in Carlisle will be at 6 p.m.
- Solid win for KHS First-year Knoxville Panther varsity volleyball coach Liz Sanders has her squad off to a 7-2 start overall. The Panthers moved to 2-0 in the Little Hawkeye Conference with a solid road win over the Oskaloosa Indians, Tuesday, Sept.17. Knoxville beat
- Knoxville runs in Newton The Knoxville boys and girls cross country teams raced in Newton Tuesday night. The boys' team scores are as follows: Grinnell 38, Oskaloosa 53, Marshalltown 97, Newton 107, Knoxville 131, West Marshall 143 and DM Christian 148. Brad Shearer was the
- Pleasantville volleyball team picks up two Pride of Iowa Confererence wins The Pleasantville volleyball team traveled to Truro for a Pride of Iowa Conference triangular on Monday, Sept. 16. The Trojans split a pair of matches with Mount Ayr and Interstate 35. Pleasantville downed Mount Ayr 2-0 by scores of 25-17 and 25-14.
- Knoxville cross country runs in Oskaloosa Knoxville raced at the Oskaloosa Invitational Tuesday, Sept. 17. A light drizzle opened the night at the Oskaloosa Cross Country Invitational, but by the time the varsity teams took to the course, everything was just right for running. The Panthers c
- Saints march by Moravia Jacob Hoch and Chase Wetterling each had a monster game last Friday night as Melcher-Dallas crushed Moravia 62-0. Hoch threw a touchdown pass. He rushed for 168 yards and scored three times on the ground. Defensively, he led the team with 12 tackles,
- Monster Truck drivers enjoy job Feld Motorsports puts on the largest Monster Truck Show in the world. One branch of that organization was in Knoxville this past weekend for Monster Jam. David Smith, driver of the King Krunch Monster Truck hails from the Houston, Texas area. He has
- Twin Cedars improves to 5-0 with 52-22 win Over Meskwaki Brent Parker threw touchdown passes to five different receivers last Friday night as Twin Cedars raced past Meskwaki 52-22. The Sabers improved to 5-0 on the season. They will host district five co-leader HLV Friday night (tonight) at 7 p.m. The winn
- Twin Cedars rallies to defeat Melcher-Dallas 3-2 in net action Marion County and Bluegrass Conference rivals Twin Cedars and Melcher-Dallas squared off on the volleyball court on Thursday, Sept. 19. The two teams played at Melcher-Dallas. Twin Cedars rallied from a 1-2 deficit to come back and win 3-2. The Saber
- More Sports Headlines