- M-D girls 3rd at home meet The Melcher-Dallas girls' track team turned in a solid performance at their home meet on Tuesday, April 22. The Saints placed third, while Marion County rival Twin Cedars was fifth. Murray and Lamoni battled it out for the win. Murray finished on top
- Kellar named new KHS Football Coach |Eric Kellar has coached football for 14 years at Eddyville-Blakesburg-Fremont. The last 13 as the head coach. He will soon be departing the Rocket program and head to Knoxville to replace Troy Rider as head Knoxville varsity football coach and phys
Local sports staffing changes
Knoxville has hired a new head football coach and Twin Cedars has hired a new Athletic Director.
Several evening events have been canceled, due to weather.
- Doug Wolfgang 'Members Only' Bobblehead The nonprofit National Sprint Car Hall of Fame & Museum Foundation is pleased to announce that it has begun pre-selling limited-edition bobblehead collectibles, with the first one being of National Sprint Car Hall of Fame inductee Doug Wolfgang of Si
- Panther track led by Dunkin The Knoxville Panther varsity track team hopes to pick up where they left off a year ago. Last May the Panthers finished second in the Class 3A State Track Meet, just 1 point behind 2013 State Champion Pella High. The Little Dutch had 46 state points
- KHS coach focuses on conditioning, Chambers credited with good opener The Knoxville Panthers competed at the Little Hawkeye Conference Indoor Track Meet in Grinnell last Friday evening. It was an early season test for the coaches to look at their lineups and decide what stepts to take next in gearing up for the outdoor
- Carlson inks deal with Southwest Iowa Late last month Twin Cedars senior Drew Carlson signed a letter of intent to play baseball for Southwest Iowa Community College. Carlson will graduate from Twin Cedars in May. He will have one last season with his Saber teammates before he heads to C
- Future looks bright for KHS wrestling A look ahead for the Knoxville Panther varsity wrestling team looks bright according to head coach Ron Peterson. Top records during this past year include Kieran Robuck senior at 138 pounds with a mark of 37-8. He was conference, sectional and distri
- Knoxville prepares for state swim meet The 2014 Knoxville Swim Team has over 30 children qualified to compete in the State Meet in Marshalltown March 15. The children are pictured above and they ranged in ages from 8 to 14 years. The team is coached by Taylor Evans and Sara Finnegan. The
- More Sports Headlines