- Robuck and Caviness finish at State Meet |The Knoxville Panthers had two wrestlers compete at the 2014 Iowa High School State Wrestling Tournament in Des Moines last weekend. Kieran Robuck, a senior, won his weight class (138 pounds) at the district meet to advance to state. Brock Caviness
- District Basketball News |The poor weather conditions forced Thursday evening postponements for Marion County sports teams. Class 2A Starting in Class 2A, the Pella Christian vs. PCM (Mustangs) District Boys’ contest has been moved to Friday night at 6:30 p.m. in Albia. Cl
Live: State wrestling tournament
Here's the live blog from the state wrestling tournament tracking results for local wrestlers.
Blizzard could complicate state wrestling tournament
DES MOINES — Heading to the state wrestling meet Thursday? Be prepared for what could be a major winter storm. A blizzard watch will be in effect for much of central Iowa, including Des Moines, from 6 a.m. Thursday to 6 a.m. Friday.
Springer, Roby combine for 50 in Saber win
The Twin Cedars Sabers marched into Melcher-Dallas Tuesday night, Feb. 11, and walked out with a big 75-34 victory over their conference rivals.
Saber girls down the Saints
The Twin Cedars Lady Sabers held on to win a close game over their intra-county, Bluegrass Conference rivals, the Melcher-Dallas Lady Saints on Tuesday, Feb. 11.
- Springer pays tribute to brother, Otis Roby hits 1,000 point mark It was an emotional senior night for the Twin Cedars boys' basketball team when they hosted Southeast Warren Saturday. The Twin Cedars School District had a "Pink" edge to almost everything as the community pulled together to raise money for the Amer
- Lauer goes wild in scoring 28 against the Blue Demons It took overtime, but the Pleasantville Trojans earned a big non conference win over the Albia Blue Demons 81-74 Jan. 30. Dylan Lauer was unstoppabe for the Trojans as he pumped in 28 points. He had 27 through three quarters. Chad Robbins added an in
- Core goes over 1,000 points Kennedy Core became the third Pleasantville player to go over 1,000 points in her basketball career in the five-on-five game at the school. The others hitting 1,000 were Marjorie Whipple and Chelsea Thomas. Core achieved the magic number of 1,000 and
- Regional Basketball Openers |The 2014 Regional Girls’ High School Basketball pairings are out. Class 4A In Class 4A Region 5, the Pella High Lady Dutch open against Newton at 7 p..m. in Pella, Wednesday,?Feb. 19. The winner faces Ballard at 7 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 22 in Ballard
- More Sports Headlines