- Slideshow: Twin Cedars first State Tournament game This is a slideshow of some of the scenes at Twin Cedars' game at Principal Park Friday night.
- Sabers earn trip to state The Twin Cedars baseball team earned a State Tournament berth tonight with a 5-2 win over North Mahaska.
- Saints roll past Seymour 25-0 in BGC baseball To say that the Melcher-Dallas baseball team swung the bats well when they traveled to Seymour on Tuesday, July 2, might be an understatement. The Saints, who have struggled offensively at times this season, accumulated 24 hits against the Warriors.
- Fourth straight Bluegrass Conference Title for the TC Sabers in softball The Twin Cedars softball team entered last week tied with Murray at the top of the Bluegrass Conference at 13-1. Because of an early season rainout the Sabers and the Mustangs played each other Wednesday, July 3, and again on Friday, July 5. The two
Panthers take two from Osky
The Knoxville Panther baseball team sought and obtained vindication of a 13-3 loss to Oskaloosa earlier in the season. The Panthers walked off with both games of a double header Wednesday night in Knoxville.
Trojans win PoI Baseball Championship
The Pleasantville baseball team wrapped up conference play with wins over Mount Ayr and Corning in the past week. With the wins comes the Pride of Iowa Conference title. Pleasantville’s only other Pride of Iowa baseball title was in 2006, also under the tutelage of coach Sheldon Card.
Sabers open July with a mark of 26-1
The Twin Cedars baseball team stepped out of conference play last week and played three non-conference games against teams from Southeast Iowa.
Panthers split with Newton
In a make-up double header against Newton Thursday night, the Knoxville Panther baseball team lost the first game 3-2 in extra innings and took the second, 3-1.
- Sabers top the Eagles 9-0 in a varsity softball contest The Twin Cedars softball team took a break from conference play to host Pella Christian. The Sabers and the Eagles tangled on Wednesday, June 20. What had all the earmarks of a good game turned out to be a lopsided affair in favor of the Sabers. Twin
Video: Panthers down Norwalk
The Knoxville Panther baseball team stayed tough and earned a "big win" at home Wednesday night, 7-4 over the Norwalk Warriors.
- More Sports Headlines