Saber girls down the Saints
The Twin Cedars Lady Sabers held on to win a close game over their intra-county, Bluegrass Conference rivals, the Melcher-Dallas Lady Saints on Tuesday, Feb. 11.
- Springer pays tribute to brother, Otis Roby hits 1,000 point mark It was an emotional senior night for the Twin Cedars boys' basketball team when they hosted Southeast Warren Saturday. The Twin Cedars School District had a "Pink" edge to almost everything as the community pulled together to raise money for the Amer
- Lauer goes wild in scoring 28 against the Blue Demons It took overtime, but the Pleasantville Trojans earned a big non conference win over the Albia Blue Demons 81-74 Jan. 30. Dylan Lauer was unstoppabe for the Trojans as he pumped in 28 points. He had 27 through three quarters. Chad Robbins added an in
- Core goes over 1,000 points Kennedy Core became the third Pleasantville player to go over 1,000 points in her basketball career in the five-on-five game at the school. The others hitting 1,000 were Marjorie Whipple and Chelsea Thomas. Core achieved the magic number of 1,000 and
- Regional Basketball Openers |The 2014 Regional Girls’ High School Basketball pairings are out. Class 4A In Class 4A Region 5, the Pella High Lady Dutch open against Newton at 7 p..m. in Pella, Wednesday,?Feb. 19. The winner faces Ballard at 7 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 22 in Ballard
Pleasantville Schedule Changes
A possible snowstorm Tuesday has prompted Pleasantville High School to move its events to tonight.
Boys fall short against Chariton
The Knoxville High School varsity boys' basketball team showed improvement but fell short in their Coaches vs. Cancer outing against Chariton Saturday night.
Pink Panthers outlast Chariton
On what was already a special night, the Knoxville High School varsity girls' basketball team was able to snap a six-game losing streak with a 48-41 victory over the Chariton Chargers.
Bluegrass Conference Tournament organized
The Bluegrass Conference Tournament has been aligned.
New District Football Pairings
New districts have been formed for high school football teams from around the state. The district assignments set by the Iowa High School Athletic Association will be in effect for this fall and again in 2015. Class 3A Knoxville and Pella have each
- More Sports Headlines
- Saber girls down the Saints