- Twin-Cedars tops Saints, 1-0 The Twin Cedars softball team hosted Melcher-Dallas Thursday, June 13 for round two of the Marion County rival. The Saints won the first contest on May 23 6-5. M-D took advantage of Saber errors to gain the win. This time it was the Sabers who took a
- Panthers split in tourney For the second time this year the Panthers played at the Oskaloosa Softball Tournament. The latest trip to the Lacey Sports Complex saw the Panthers fall to Carlisle 10-0 in six innings and beat Central Lee 8-1 in contests played June 15. In the win,
Panthers take twin bill from Tigers
The Panther baseball team took both games in a double header vs. Grinnell in Knoxville Wednesday night.
Video: Knoxville downs PC, 4-3
Behind a solid pitching performance by Kevin Woodhouse, the Knoxville Panthers defeated the Pella Christian Eagles Tuesday night, 4-3.
Knoxville-PC game changed
Knoxville baseball will host Pella Christian Tuesday, June 18, at 5:30 p.m. for JV/Varsity action. On July 1, the Panthers will take on PC in Pella for a varsity DH game.
- McCarl collects victory number 54 at the track, Beaver and Kinder also claim wins Terry McCarl held off Dusty Zomer in a gripping feature event at the Knoxville Raceway Saturday night. It was the 54th career victory for the Altoona, Iowa driver, and came aboard the TMAC Motorsports No. 24 A.R.T. powered by Rider Engines. Joe Bea
- MacKenzie Boyd accepts bowling scholarship at William Penn College Knoxville senior MacKenzie Boyd, daughter of Lisa and Trevor Boyd, of Knoxville, signed a scholarship letter-of-intent to bowl for William Penn College in Oskaloosa. On hand for the college signing at the Knoxville High School inside the library was
- Panthers pick up 1st win at Osky tourney Knoxville picked up its first win of the season Saturday at the Oskaloosa Softball Tournament. The Panthers started off fast as eighth grader, Shaye Nichols hit a home run to open the first inning of play in the first game of the day. The Nichols bla
- Crozier tosses 4-inning no-hitter at the Moulton-Udell Eagles The Melcher-Dallas Saints split a pair of games with Wayne of Corydon and Moulton-Udell last week. The Saints fell to Class 1A fourth ranked Wayne 12-0 Monday, May 20. One day later Lexi Crozier threw a no-hitter as Melcher-Dallas downed Moulton-Udel
- Panthers look to improve behind Hall of Fame coach Knoxville Hall of Fame Baseball Coach Joel Johnson is working at rebuilding the Panther program. His 2012 Panther varsity squad produced a mark of 8-26 overall and 5-13 in the Little Hawkeye Conference, good for fifth place overall. Johnson as you mi
- More Sports Headlines