- Pella to host 3A, Ottumwa 1A meet Pella will host one of five Class 3A State Qualifying Cross Country Meets Thursday, Oct. 24. The top three teams and top 10 individuals all earn trips to the prestigious state meet Saturday, Nov. 2 in Fort Dodge. Knoxville will be one of those teams
- Trojans set new victory total The Pleasantville volleyball team competed in the Martensdale-St. Mary's volleyball tournament Saturday. The Trojans finished the day with three wins and two loses. PHS 2 Montezuma 1 The Trojans defeated the Montezuma Braves 2-1. Pleasantville took
- Hughs top runner for Knoxville Knoxville was one runner shy of having enough athletes to compile a score at the Knoxville Invitational Cross Country outing Tuesday, Oct. 1. Running for Coach Mike Moats' KHS squad were Courtney Hughs in 15th place with a time of 18:18 over the 4K P
- Des Moines man wins top money at English Creek A total of 37 micro sprint car competitors hit the track at English Creek Speedway, located near Melcher-Dallas. The winner of the Saturday event was Corey Forsythe from Des Moines. The win was worth $1,000. Drivers from six states, including one ra
Varsity kickoff moved up
Knoxville Schools Athletics Director Randy Wilson tells the Journal-Express that the freshman and JV football games will be played at HOME Monday night and tonight's kickoff for varsity in Carlisle will be at 6 p.m.
- Solid win for KHS First-year Knoxville Panther varsity volleyball coach Liz Sanders has her squad off to a 7-2 start overall. The Panthers moved to 2-0 in the Little Hawkeye Conference with a solid road win over the Oskaloosa Indians, Tuesday, Sept.17. Knoxville beat
- Knoxville runs in Newton The Knoxville boys and girls cross country teams raced in Newton Tuesday night. The boys' team scores are as follows: Grinnell 38, Oskaloosa 53, Marshalltown 97, Newton 107, Knoxville 131, West Marshall 143 and DM Christian 148. Brad Shearer was the
- Pleasantville volleyball team picks up two Pride of Iowa Confererence wins The Pleasantville volleyball team traveled to Truro for a Pride of Iowa Conference triangular on Monday, Sept. 16. The Trojans split a pair of matches with Mount Ayr and Interstate 35. Pleasantville downed Mount Ayr 2-0 by scores of 25-17 and 25-14.
- Knoxville cross country runs in Oskaloosa Knoxville raced at the Oskaloosa Invitational Tuesday, Sept. 17. A light drizzle opened the night at the Oskaloosa Cross Country Invitational, but by the time the varsity teams took to the course, everything was just right for running. The Panthers c
- Saints march by Moravia Jacob Hoch and Chase Wetterling each had a monster game last Friday night as Melcher-Dallas crushed Moravia 62-0. Hoch threw a touchdown pass. He rushed for 168 yards and scored three times on the ground. Defensively, he led the team with 12 tackles,
- More Sports Headlines