The Knoxville Public Library is pleased to announce the launch of Brainfuse JobNow – a versatile online service designed to support every step of the job search process. JobNow features live online coaches who, among other things, assist in resume/cover letter preparation, and help patrons prepare for job interviews. VetNow includes assistance for veterans and their families with potential eligible benefits in education, employment, healthcare, and housing.
Brainfuse will be available to all library patrons from any home or library computer starting March 1. To access these resources, visit the library’s website at www.knoxville.lib.ia.us. A library card gives free access to the database.
JobNow provides live online assistance, powerful tools, and other resources for job-seekers. It features the following services:
• Live Interview Coaching: Patrons can brush up on interview techniques or get live online interview practice from trained job coaches. Job coaches and patrons communicate via live chat in our online classroom. In addition to live interview coaching, patrons enjoy 24/7 access to interview tips and career resources.
• Resume Lab: Patrons can submit their resumes any time through the JobNow Resume Lab and a job coach will send it back within 24 hours with detailed feedback and suggestions for improvement. Users are also able to download resume templates, or browse resources for producing better resumes.
• Career Resources: Patrons enjoy 24/7 access to a carefully-selected library of job resources. In addition, Brainfuse job coaches help users strategically target jobs best suited to their interests and qualifications.
• Adult Learning Center: The Adult Learning Center provides foundational, career-enhancing skills to job seekers. In addition, the Adult Learning Center offers test preparation (including the GED and the USCIS citizenship test) and a unique academic skills center featuring live, online tutors.
VetNow Navigators are trained to help veterans and families connect with valuable benefits and resources:
• Answer questions related to beneﬁts eligibility
• Refer patrons to applicable community resources for housing, healthcare and education beneﬁts
• Assist patrons with locating accredited claims agents