The Knoxville Chamber of Commerce has modified a membership category for local civic and non-profit organizations that do not have paid staff. This membership category will provide eligible groups networking opportunities as well as access to training.
“Part of what makes Knoxville such a great place are its many civic and non-profit groups that serve neighbors in need, support youth and make our community more fun and interesting,” said Chamber Executive Director Hannah Vander Veer. “The Chamber recognizes the value of these groups and wants to support their efforts.”
Non-profit groups that join the Chamber will receive these benefits:
- Information about their organization on the Chamber website
- Information on Chamber and other community organization activities delivered by email
- A direct way to inform other community organizations about their organization’s events and activities
- Opportunities to participate in Chamber events
- Permission to use the Knoxville Chamber membership logo on their letterhead and promotional materials
- Referrals of interested people to their organization
- Access to training focused on civic and non-profit organization management
Membership applications are available at the Chamber’s office located at 217 S Second St. in Knoxville. Questions regarding non-staffed civic organization membership may be directed to Vander Veer at email@example.com or 641-828-7555.